Stream 2 Information
Placements start in September and are normally advertised in March. Applications for September 2017 are now closed.
Within the training programmes, there are two alternative routes, known as streams. Stream 1 is delivered over one year and Stream 2 over two years. Stream 2 trainees gain practical experience within their host gardens, but also work towards an RHS Level 3 Diploma through study blocks led by our partners, Capel Manor College. Both streams provide the benefit of a full time salaried placement.
Suitable applicants will have some experience of gardening in a professional setting. Applicants for both streams must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the placement.
Applicants for Stream 2 must in addition have either RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Horticulture; Level 3 BTEC or C&G; or a degree in a relevant subject such as Horticulture, Ecology or Biology.
Please scroll down to find more information on stream 2 and this year’s prestigious placement gardens
2 Year Placement
- Develop your skills through a 2 year practical placement at a historic garden, on a full-time, paid basis.
- Earn a Royal Horticultural Society Diploma in Horticulture Level 3.
- Learn about all aspects of managing a historic garden.
- Attend 4 study blocks per year.
- Earn additional skills certificates + bonus historic gardens module.
2 Year Placement Gardens
- The Beth Chatto Gardens
- Bodnant Gardens
- Clumber Park
- Killerton Gardens
- Mount Stewart & Rowallane
- Osborne House
- Wrest Park