Stream 2 Information
We will not be recruiting for a Stream 2 programme in 2018
Within the training programmes, there are two alternative routes, known as streams. Stream 1 is delivered over one year and Stream 2 over two years. Stream 2 trainees gain practical experience within their placement gardens, but also work towards an RHS Level 3 Diploma through study blocks led by our partners, Capel Manor College. Both streams provide the benefit of a full time salaried placement.
Suitable applicants will have some experience of gardening in a professional setting. Applicants for both streams must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the placement.
Applicants for Stream 2 must in addition have either RHS Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Horticulture; Level 3 BTEC or C&G; or a degree in a relevant subject such as Horticulture, Ecology or Biology.
Please scroll down to find more information on stream 2 and this year’s prestigious placement gardens
2 Year Placement
- Develop your skills through a 2 year practical placement at a historic garden, on a full-time, paid basis.
- Earn a Royal Horticultural Society Diploma in Horticulture Level 3.
- Learn about all aspects of managing a historic garden.
- Attend 4 study blocks per year.
- Earn additional skills certificates + bonus historic gardens module.
2 Year Placement Gardens
- The Beth Chatto Gardens
- Bodnant Gardens
- Clumber Park
- Killerton Gardens
- Mount Stewart & Rowallane
- Osborne House
- Wrest Park