Stream 1 Information
Placements start in September and are normally advertised in March. Applications for September 2017 are now closed.
Within the training programmes, there are two alternative routes, known as streams. Stream 1 is delivered over one year and Stream 2 over two years. Stream 1 is suitable for people looking for practical experience of working in a historic or botanic garden. Both streams provide the benefit of a full time salaried placement, and applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the placement.
Applicants for Stream 1 must have practical experience of working in a garden with a professional gardening team, either in a paid or unpaid capacity. No horticultural qualifications are required.
Please scroll down to find more information on stream 1 and this year’s prestigious placement gardens
1 Year Placement
- Receive a full time, paid placement at a historic garden.
- Work alongside the team throughout the seasons.
- Learn about all aspects of managing a historic garden.
- Develop practical skills, such as plant identification.
1 Year Placement Gardens
- Audley End
- Eaton Hall
- Houghton Hall
- University of Oxford Botanic Garden
- Osborne House
- Wrest Park